Division of Labour and Specialisation
- Division of Labour is a form of specialisation where the production process is broken down into many separate tasks.
- Specialisation – is when workers produce only what they are good at. They can trade for other goods and services that they need.
AdvantagesTo the business:
- Specialist workers become quicker at producing goods
- Production becomes cheaper per good because of this
- Production levels are increased
- Each worker can concentrate on what they are good at and build up their expertise
- Higher pay for specialised work
- Improved skills at that job